1st Armored Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!!

2 posters

Go down

!!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!! Empty !!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!!

Post by Messerli Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 pm

First AD - Forum Manual

Salute 1st AD,
I'm writing this manual/ tutorial on the forums so everyone knows how to use it most efficiently so we stay organized. All the following guidelines will help the unit function cleaner and help keep everything in order. I'll describe the basic operations and guidelines as easy as I know possible. If you still have questions or don't know how to do something PM me and I'll assist you as much as possible. This also helps me, by saving me time that I would have to invest in manually, changing members from group to group, moving threads that are in the wrong section, keeping everything organized, etc. Thank you ahead of time for your cooperation.

------------------------------------

Groups

The Unit has 5 different squads, and the forum represents these as groups. Refer to the Roster (found here) to see what squad you belong to. Then go to “user groups” in the top navigation bar, select the group you belong to, and click JOIN. This will send a application to the squad leader who then has the power to accept you.

Usually you are assigned to the squad you belong to, but special squads such as technicians you may apply to optionally if you think you have special skills in that field, the squad leader still reserves the right to reject your application.

Groups help us keep everyone organized and serves order within the Unit. Also, this will help with rank promotions and other things of the sort. Please do your part to help us stay on top of our game and stay the well oiled killing machine we are.

This will also color your name to represent the group you belong to. Example, mine is Green, technician squad color.

As of right now, the squads are:
Command Staff
Able Company
Technicians
First Squad of Able Company
Recruits

Sections
This is a description of all the sections of the forum, and what should & should not be posted in them.

Important Info and Updates
Only members of the Command Staff or Able Company should create threads here, unless with permission of the former. Exception to Technicians in the Site forum, as this is our territory.

News and Announcements
Posts made in this section will be displayed on the Portal (home page, when you first get into the site). Mainly a heads-up on news that apply to anyone that visits the site. Do not post here if you don't want people who are not in the unit to see your message.

Site and Server
Posts made in this section are regarding site updates, server news, and I will be adding a Ban/Un-ban section within this. There will be a list of all the banned steam accounts and give banned users opportunity to plead an unban.

General
Everyone can post in this section, and should be used as general Unit related discussions that are not top-secret and will be visible by anyone stumbling across our forums.

General Discussion
Just general things like discussing the pubbing session last night, or talking about your rig, software you just found that you want to share with the rest of the unit.

Recruitment
This section is for recruits, whether it's information on joining, or posting an enlistment application. Halladay has requested that no one but the Command Staff comment on enlistment applications. As a compromise I will lock this forum and allow only Command Staff to be able to comment, but make a Welcome Section (Description below).

Welcome
So since we all want to say hi and welcome to the new recruits, but are not allowed to comment on enlistment applications, this section is for new members to introduce themselves and get praise from the rest of us for joining the 1st AD.

Scrims and Info
This section is mainly for other units to request a scrim, or for Command Staff to post upcoming scrim information, this should also be made into a Calendar Event (I'll explain this a little further down)

Off Topic
This section is for just messing around and having fun, post anything that has nothing to do with anything here. As far as I'm concerned I don't care what you guys post here, be it sexist, racist, I don't give a shit. Command Staff may have other opinions, and they definitely have higher say, so listen to them if they say you've crossed the line. We all have our opinions.

Off Topic Discussion
Basically what I just said above, general off topic discussion.

Multimedia
Post any videos, pictures you find online, or made yourself here. From videos you found on youtube, demo you recorded at the last realism/ pub, or pictures of yourself/ your ride/ your other ride(girlfriend, so we can all print it and take it to the bathroom), and anything else.

Funny Stuff
Post stories of what happened to you (FML), or jokes, or pictures.

Members Only
This section is locked and can only be seen by official members of the unit, not even recruits can see this right now. Post unit specific information here.

Unit Discussion
General Unit discussion, talk about other units/ clans without them seeing or tactics & strategies for the upcoming realism. There are some programs out there that let you draw out strategies for well known maps in DoDS, CSS, etc, I might be looking into it this summer. I'll let you guys know what I find.

Members Zone
Again, just information you don't want the whole world to see. Like our myspace/ facebook information, etc.

Events
This is basically an upcoming events section, don't forget to create a calendar event when posting.

Username
So I already made a post about this, but no one did anything, I guess it's not crucial I just thought I would make like easier for everyone. Like I said before everyone has their rank and insignia under their name already so there is no need for you to have your username include rank (ex. Instead of “T/Sgt. Messerli” just write “Messerli”). Everyone will still see your rank. And some of you have “[1st AD]” tags after your name, which is also no necessary since you obviously belong to the unit, shown by the color of your name.

Calendar

To use the calendar, when posting a new topic, scroll all the way to the bottom and there should be a calendar option. Apply this and change fill in any information that is required.
Messerli
Messerli
T/Sgt.
T/Sgt.

Back to top Go down

!!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!! Empty Re: !!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Very Nice Messerli, I'm loving your hard work!

Back to top Go down

!!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!! Empty Re: !!!1st AD Forum Manual -- MUST READ!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:37 am

Don't forget the CoC

Back to top Go down

Post by V. Hernandez Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:20 am

good job Messerli nice manual
V. Hernandez
V. Hernandez
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Good job Messerli! *Proceeds to have butt sex with Messerli*
=P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum