1st Armored Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D-Day!

Go down

D-Day! Empty D-Day!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Okay guys, tommorow is D-Day!
June 6th 1944, allies land on the beaches of Normandy france and attack Hitlers atlantic wall.
In honor of D-Day, Our server will be on the map Strand, ALL day!
NO CHANGING IT.

Also guys, I'm interested to know if any of y'all know your veterans, whether they're dead or still living, please place their names here.
Please write when they enlisted, what battles and branches they were in.

Cpl. John J. Blackmon [6th ID]- Army
Enlistment date- May, 9th 1940
fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy.
Then was transfered to the [21st ID]
and re-assigned to Melbourne, Englad where he trained for the landing's on D-Day.
He was killed on June 8th by a German 88 round.

---------------------------------------------------------
I'll post the German one later, (I'm in class, bell is about to ring.)

Back to top Go down

D-Day! Empty Re: D-Day!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:29 am

Kk, this is my German relatives name.
(if I get any of the German spellings wrong sorry.)

Oberleutnant Hanz V. Flaukenseer (6th VolksGrenadiers, 1st Wehrmachtbeamten)
Enlistment date: January 4th 1937
Fought in Poland, Lithuania, Italy, re-assigned to defend Berlin against Soviets.
Released from Soviet prison in 1949, moved to America in 1951.
Still living =] Currently residing 6 miles away from me, in Laurel Hill NC.
He is 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddock [1st AD] Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:09 am

My grandfather served in World War II.

1st Lt. George M. Rubino of the 1st Armored Division
Later promoted to Captian
Enlistment date- January, 16th 1941
fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy.
Received 3 Purple Hearts. Two in Northern Africa, and one in Italy.
He is alive and well at the young age of 88.

For his first year of the war, he served as a mechanic, working of tanks obviously. Then was promoted to the 2nd Field Artillery Battalion within the division. Then promoted to the rank of Sgt, he went out on his first mission, receiving his first purple heart. Returned to service a few months later. Another year of service went by before he was promoted to 1st Lieutenant, and taking another bullet from a kraut. After receiving yet another promotion, he was leading a column of tanks down a road in Sicily. at the head of the column, he spots an orange glow, before long he hears someone yell "PANZERFAUST!" But it was too late, the lead tank was hit, and my grandfathers right side was torn with shrapnel, He managed to crawl to the side, take up his Thompson, fire off a few clips before some of his mates pulled him to the back to be treated by medics. Then returned to the field and completed the war and then made some babies back home, made my father, now here I am telling his story.
Paddock [1st AD]
Paddock [1st AD]
F/Sgt.
F/Sgt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Right on. My whole family missed WW2 and Vietnam lol we fail =/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:33 am

1st Lt. D. McNary
Enlisted some time in 1941
He was a secret unit, he trained in all sorts of spealized infantry training such as sniping, he went to officer canidate school and then wished to go off into planes and once again went to a spealized unit that were testing secret weapons, it was suppost to be some sort of super plane (same plane that Kendy's brother died in), the altimiter was off and it was foggy in winter.... you can guess the rest, only the tail gunner lived he was ejected in his cockpit and flew down the mountain when found he was badly frost bitten and had all of his hands and feet removed... he called my uncle a great leader... my family wasn't told until weeks later because it was top secret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:42 am

My other uncle never talked about the war much he had PTSD, he served in North Africa and Italy with infantry, I think he was an officer if not an nco... I'm not sure... he had to serve in the panima Cannal because of his brothers death, and my grandpa at the time was expected do die from polio. The Canal was a suspected area for action during the war. He died after touring the Amazon from some tropical disease two or three years ago at the tender age of 87?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum